Day 3 & 4 / Pacuare Outdoor Center and Indigenous

Gavin –

We started our journey to the Pacuare Outdoor center by white water rafting to the place that we will be sleeping at for the next two nights. The river was absolutely amazing. Rafting s like being on a roller coaster, but better. Late that day we zip lined through the canopy and even over a river. Today we went hiking to an indigenous village. The hike as long and wet because f the rain but sliding around in the mud was fun. Everything got dirty. J

 

Eli-

We have been at the Pacuare Outdoor center for the past 2 days we have rafted zip lined hiked and did service in only 2 days I am so excited for what’s come. P.S how are the Yankees?

 

 

Owen-

Yesterday we drove to the white water rafting location by fitting 20 people on a pickup truck. After that, we rafted for about an hour to arrive at the eco-lodge. Today we hiked 4+ hours to do some service for a native village. The hike up the mountain was okay but it started pouring in the middle of our service. I fell three times going down and am as sore as I’ve ever been. Hopefully the next days will be not as physically stressful. Happy father’s day!

 

Jack-

Yesterday we left our homestays to raft to a eco lodge. There we did a canopy over the rainforest. 

Today we took a hike to an indigenous school and we carried wood for them. It started raining making the hike down hard. 

I tried to call but it didn’t go through so happy father’sday!

 

William-  Yesterday we said goodbye to our families and our homestays and went on a raft to the eco lodge.  The rafting was really fun and no one fell off of our raft.  After that we went zip lining.  This was my first time zip lining so I was pretty nervous but overall I had a really fun time.

 

Jersey- Yesterday was the day that we were to say goodbye to our homestays and travel partially by bus and the rest by raft, to our next destination, Pacuare Outdoor Center. On our way over we visited a small waterfall when we were in the rafts, and also paddled through some bumpy waves. When we finally arrived, we finished off the rest of our daylight zip lining through the forest. Today, we hiked up a challenging and slippery trail, all the way to the native village to do service work for the people. On our way back it was pouring rain for part of the way, so the path was very slippery. We finally made it back down to Toms Place and now were finishing off the day with some awesome food!!

 

Tessa-  Yesterday we sadly left our homestays and rafted down the river to “Tom’s Place.” While we were rafting we stopped at a waterfall and went behind the water to this sitting place. Then we went zip lining with amazing views, and fast lines. Today we went on a very long hike straight up a mountain. We then did service at an indigenous village. While doing the service there was a huge rain storm and we got very cold and wet. On our way back down the mountain it was so slippery. So many people fell, me being one of them! 

 

Morgan-  Yesterday we left our families at Sitio de mata and rafted to “Toms Place”. His place is right in the jungle and we have such a pretty view from our room. We zip lined yesterday next to the river, and it was so fun. Today We hiked up a mountain to an indigenous tribe where we helped Carry wood to build a classroom. It started pouring rain while we were carrying the wood, so the hike down was super slippery. It was fun though. See you soon, Happy Fathers Day.

 

Angelique- Tom’s Place is so beautiful. The view in the common room is amazing, I’ve seen crazy exotic birds and animals. Hiking was so tough but it was worth it to see the natives. I’m ready to go to the hotel though and see the beach.

 

Ayana- I was so happy yesterday that we got to white water raft! It is one of my favorite things that we did in Costa Rica last year, and this time I didn’t fall out of the boat! Today we did some hiking. I HATE hiking. My parents always ask me if I want to go on a hike in the summer and my answer is always no, but today I had no choice. The hike was long and steep, plus it was really hot, so I sweat a lot. But, once we got the the indigenous it was worth it, because we got to help the people there who really needed it. Even though it rained most of the time we were there and through the hike, I had a lot of fun today. Can’t wait to surf!

 

Cassie- It is amazing and exciting in this two days, we did zip-lining, rafting 10 miles and hiking long long long way. I am supersized that I can finish all these tough things. The rafting is fun, we played the water and practiced the rescue. It was my first time trying zip-lining. I was scared in the beginning, then, I was hang on mid of air for half hour when I was in zip-lining because I operated wrong. Almost everything is new for me, I am glad that I have the chance to challenge myself.  

 

Abby- Yesterday we left the homestays and went to raft to “Toms Place.” We rafted for about an hour and we made a couple stops on the way to Tom’s place. One of the stops we came to a waterfall and we hung out there, and I even got to go under a waterfall which is really cool. For the rest of the day we went on different zip lines and did a little bit of hiking, which got us ready for the next day. Today we hiked up a mountain to get to the Indigenous, which was a lot of work and it took a long time. Once we got there we learned a little about the culture and helped move wood from one area to another. As we were finishing moving the wood it started to pour rain so on our way down the mountain it was SO slippery. I fell a lot, and at the end of the hike I felt soooo gross. Even though it was muddy and rainy it was definitely worth it. Tomorrow we raft for about four hours and go on the Tarzan swing. I’m really excited for the rest of the trip, and I hope it will be a lot like the first part.

Comments

  1. Enjoy every day of this experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Yankees are 48-22 and just beat the Mariners, 7-2. Sounds like you're having great adventures. Plus, you had Wifi for a night. I call that winning! See you soon, Eli!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hear is what the kids have to say...

Welcome Watkinson to Costa Rica!