Hear is what the kids have to say...


Abby- Hi everyone it’s a wonderful, beautiful day in Costa Rica. I am at the homestays; my homestay’s mom name is Kimby. And she has two daughters and a husband. We are getting ready to do service today, and later there is a Fiesta where I will be busting a move. It is very early, 8:31 to be exact. I usually don’t wake up until 11, so this is very unusual to me. The food is great, it’s all homemade and organic. I’ve had chicken, rice, and beans for pretty much all my meals. It’s pretty darn good. I’m excited to play soccer and break EVERYONES ankles. Soccer is love, soccer is life. I BELONG. 

Gavin – Costa Rica is beautiful. You could take one step out of your second home and have the most amazing view of all of the mountains and greenery. All of the houses and parents are nice and welcomed us into their homes with open arms. Our house is so open to natures you feel like you are outside. This is because most if the house is outside! I am existed for many new adventures on this trip.  


Morgan – Hey guys so far we have met our families we will be living with for a couple nights. I have 2 sisters and one brother. I have one little sister that loves playing games, and won’t stop asking Ayana and I to play jenga. There is so much food, and all of it is really good. My moms name is Marian and she already loves us. So excited to help out today. 

Tessa- Hey everyone! Lots of travel yesterday but we got to the village and met our families. They are so nice and welcoming, they have two grand children that we played games with and ate candy. They give you SO MUCH food, but it very fresh and good. The beds are comfortable, and we are doing service today. Tonight we have are having a fiesta where I will be dancing and maybe even singing with my bad voice.  

Charlotte- Wow! How else can I explain Costa Rica! The culture, the people, the nature is just amazing. I am so happy that we where all provided with this amazing trip. Currently we are at our home stays and me and Tessa are sharing a family and home. Their house is so small and our family has… well I wouldn’t want to call it a garden it is so much more than that. There are these beautiful hand made stairs that go through a beautiful private jungle. Then you will eventually reach this hand made tree house. It has an amazing view that I can not even put into words. There is so much more I could talk about… but I would rather get back to this amazing Cost Rica life.  Love you Mom and Dad. Adios!

William- Hello everyone!  Yesterday we traveled a lot on the plane and on the bus, and when we got to the village we were welcomed with open arms.  We met our families and went to our homestays.  They fed us a lot of delicious food like rice, beans, and chicken. Me, Eli, and Gavin and our family all danced together and everyone was really happy.  I’m so excited to learn more about Costa Rica.

Eli- hello Costa Rica has been amazing and it’s only the first day! I have meet befriended my home stay family. I’m so excited to meet new and try new things. 

Jack- Costa Rica is really cool, yesterday we arrived at the homestays and today we fixed a bus top. I am having a great time

Jersey- Hey guys! We are finally in Costa Rica! Yesterday was a very long day of traveling, but it was all worth it because we are here with are homestay families who are super kind and caring. Today is our first full day and we have done lots of painting on the bus stop that was built last year and the big satellite dishes. I’m looking forward to more amazing food! That is, the rice and beans, and being with each other for the next 10 days!

Cassie- HI, everyone, it’s my first time come to the central America, I kind of can’t imagine how it will look like before, but now it’s not that unfamiliar for me. The foods are fine., people are enthusiastic and warm. They will hug you to express welcome.  Everything are pretty good, except there are a lot of bugs, but it’s not a big problem. We are having great fun here. 

Ayana- Hey, this is my second time going to Costa Rica , and its off to an amazing start. The homestays are one of the best part of this trip. Since my sibling doesn’t live with me I’m basically an only child, so having little brothers and sister is really fun. Obviously the best part of the trip is the food, and my mother here is an amazing chef. I can’t wait to white water raft. 



Owen – Hello! I’m having a great time in Costa Rica so far and I’m looking forward to my next days here. The food is amazing and I wish we had such good food back in the US. My homestay mom’s name is Tita and she is very nice. It has been a challenging experience talking with her in Spanish, but she is very nice and tries to understand Jack and I, who I am rooming with. 

Angelique- Yay! I can’t believe I’m finally here! I’ve been wanting to go to Costa Rica since 6ht grade.  And its everything that I anticipated and more. Its so beautiful here and the weather is amazing. The food is so good, and reminds of of other food in the Caribbean. I’m so excited to go river rafting and I hope I don’t fall out of the boat. I am looking very forward to the rest of the trip and everything that I will experience.

Comments

  1. Great to read everyone's first day experiences. Sounds like the food is yummy and the family's are warm and welcoming. We will need some pictures of all your dance moves tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you are all enjoying the homestay! Hope you all had a great time at the dance! Charlotte, your sisters are incredibly jealous that you are in Costa Rica! They are wishing they were there too! We miss you and love you Char K!!!

      Delete
  2. Miss you, Cassie! Lots of bugs here, too (now that it’s getting so hot). Are you learning and Spanish!?? Can’t wait to see you and hear your
    stories! Xo Hope all of you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 & 4 / Pacuare Outdoor Center and Indigenous

Welcome Watkinson to Costa Rica!